I don’t often repost things from This Ordinary Adventure, the blog I write with my wife. But this one seems like it fits on Executing Ideas, too.
Here it is:
Everybody’s busy. Most people complain about it. I’ve decided I won’t.
There’s a blessing to busyness, if you’re busy with things that you love. (Click to tweet this.) Here are mine:
- Being with my wife
- Playing with my kids
- Leading a small group in our church
- Serving in a job that I love
- Writing here and elsewhere
- Practicing spiritual disciplines
- Reading what interests me
- Laughing with friends
- Cooking (or trying to cook) delicious food
- Maintaining a big yard and an old house
Some of these “tasks” represent responsibilities I have. Newsflash! If you are married, your interests are divided. You are no longer the dictator of your calendar. You don’t get to decide everything about your life. But you get to be married, and that is a really good thing.
And while I’m playing Captain Obvious…